Thursday, January 12, 2012

Leopard & Red – Church Flow

If you are reading this I want you to know that you are BLESSED!

Speaking of blessed… I had the pleasure of wearing this outfit to church this past Sunday. My oldest daughter told me I had on RED DEVIL shoes – I had to remind her that the devil is NOT RED and does not walk around with a pitchfork and horns… the devil comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors! I went on to tell her that the devil can look just like me & you and goes to church too so don’t be fooled!



 




Right after church I quickly changed into my leopard flats knowing that we were going to do a little shopping. Nothing special... I had one thing in mind and that was to go to Kmart to get some footed PJ's but too bad so sad they were SOLD OUT! :'(

What I wore
Silk Blouse & Leopard Skirt – JCPenney
Red Devil Shoes (As my daughter call them) – Shoe Dept.
Leopard Flats – Payless  
Cape Coat – Macy's - Gifted   
Accessories – LA Lynn's

Only thing missing was my RED lipstick! But that might of been too much for them southern church folks! Cause I'm sure their heart skipped a beat at the sight of my RED shoes & leopard Skirt! GRRRR... HA!

Note to You: No matter how CUTE you may dress or what COLOR you may wear DON'T allow your clothes to define who you are as a person. I have met folks who wear the cutest outfits but have the most ugliest attitudes! 
Do NOT allow the devil to distract you as a person… you are BLESSED!

OAN: Ticka over at Spoon full of Sugar tagged me in her blog post - I will be answering those questions in my next post! *Stay Tuned* 

I have a VERY busy weekend planned so I probably won’t get an opportunity to blog again or comment on any other blogs until next week – But I wish you all a very blessed & wonderful weekend!!!!


Peace, Love, & Fashion
Xoxo

Lynn

20 comments:

  1. Amen to all of the above! You are so right, clothing and labels should never define who we are. Jesus Christ makes us who we are, and that is, FREE! Great post and a super hot outfit, and yes, I think it's church appropriate. :) ~ Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post! First of all, I love your look. Leopard print plus red is always a win! And I like how you explained to your daughter that the devil can come in all shapes and forms. That is truth.

    And it is such a shame that there are so many people who have pretty faces and nice fashions, but are ugly and bitter on the inside. We are all blessed and must work on the inside before we start dressing up the outside. I even have to check myself from time to time with this.

    Thanks for sharing! Continue to be blessed as well as a blessing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely fierce doll. I'm crazy over this look on you just gorgeous.

    Kids say the darnest things. My son is the same way and must explain myself over and over about life., etc. Great post doll and Happy 2012


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. The devil is a lie, LOL! Those shoes are haute and you looked amazing heading to church. I agree, it is definitely beneficial to let the little ones know early on that the devil make take on any form. Great post!

    With Class & Sass,
    ~Khalilah~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girlll....I couldn't have said it better! We all know a few of those you speak of. Be beautiful inside and out!

    As far as this outfit...FABULOUS! You look great! Its funny...I will post my church outfit from this past Sunday soon with my change in shoes too but they weren't as cute as your flats. lol

    ~Tavia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooohhh work it now. Love the outfit and the accessories

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red looks good on you :) Love the leopard earrings!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving those leopard print earrings. And isn't that the truth about him coming in every form? Sometimes we all need to be reminded of that!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go'head and work that red and leopard! Looking good! Can't wait to read your answers!

    http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im loving your accessories! Especially the earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. NICE.....LQQKING GOOD!!!!!! When did you cut your hair? It's real cute on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You better work it! ?..but you already are. Gorgeous look all the way down to your matching flats.
    Love your Note to You.....you said that!!!!
    -Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous look and good you explained all of that to your daughter

    xoxo

    jeimy

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had better say that with you OAN. Attitudes just ugly. So refreshing to meet people who look and act beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  15. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show you some blog luv!!
    def enjoyed this post!! def a cute outfit!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. your hair is too cute! workkkkk it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such great words for a monday morning. the animal print and red combo looks amazing. Stay blessed Dear and hope you havin a great Monday
    http://fashberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Red +leopard a combo I love! You look sharp and styling it's so true,one should be more than the clothes they wear.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE this post! Yes We are Blessed!!! You look too cute going to church. Oh and I love those leopard flats :)

    XoXo,
    Ashley
    ASassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post! Love your attire!

    ~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete